Most recent episode
Each episode focuses on a different question. And we go in search of answers through a blend of storytelling, deep research, and unique social experiments we conduct in the world. The show is designed to encourage a lifelong sense of wonder. We hope you are inspired to make your own discoveries. Inside A Question broadcasts live every Sunday 5pm ET, on WXOX 97.1 fm (Louisville, KY) and streaming online at www.artxfm.com.
Official theme song and instrumental music by Awake At Night. Additional music by FireWater Labs (analog modular synthesizers). We love hearing new music. Do you have a song you’d like to share with the show? Contact us.
Darrick’s Three Important Rules in Life
- Everyone is curious about something, even if they don’t know it yet.
- The difference between kids and adults is miniscule.
- You can’t be surprised by people until you give them the opportunity to do so.
Darrick is the recipient of the 2018 Hadley Creatives Grant, from the Community Foundation of Louisville, supporting innovative and adventurous artists who are at a pivotal point in their careers.
The world is a laboratory. We create experiments to help answer our questions.
Past experiments include:
- Find Your Soulmate
- Judging a Thrift Store Record by its Cover
- How Important are Thumbs?
- How Brave Are You?
- Qualitative Taste Tests
- Storytelling at the Flea Off Market
Everyone is curious about something, even if they don’t know it yet.
No answers, just questions. But maybe all you need is a good question to get you started…
Have a question you want to add to the Question Generator?
Here are some resources to inspire your sense of wonder. You better go ahead and cancel that appointment you have for later today.
- How has race affected the housing market in Louisville?
- What is the relationship between monarch butterflies and common pesticides?
- What are the 50 best restaurants in the world?
- What is a twin vortex doing in my swimming pool?
- What does my name anagram to?
- What did the first microscope look like?
- How easy is it for someone to pretend to be me?
- How fast can you type?
- How long will I live?
- What are the most popular foods in different parts of the world?
- Where did that music sample come from?
- How good are your eyeballing skills?
- How easily bored are you?
- What does emoji usage by country tell us?
Do you have a curious link we should add to our list? Tell us.
Want to ask a question, or answer one? Want to participate in future experiments? Just want to say ‘hi’? There are many ways to do it. Email us, friend us, text us, or leave a message on our answering machine.
We are always interested in collaborating with curious people. What are your interests?